The Forex Market
For the last three decades Foreign Exchange market, - briefly Forex or FX, had integrated into the world's biggest financial market. The volume of daily transactions is about 1-3 trillion of US dollars. The trading instruments on this market are the currencies of different countries, so the fluctuation of currency's rates allows to gain a real profit.
Of course monetary assets of different countries exchanged since the term money appeared as well as an idea to obtain profit from currency's rates difference. Now it is not a new idea, but the transformation of foreign exchange market to the modern stage with an opportunity to conduct conversional operations of such volumes arose only after an introduction of floating rates regime by the state-members of IMF. Within this regime's framework the rate of one currency to another is defining only by the supply and demand on the market.
Presently Forex market is a global telecommunication network of banks and different financial organizations. It does not have any fixed trading place and time restrictions - the trade starts on Monday morning in New Zealand and closes on Friday evening in USA.
The advantages of Forex market are:
- Round-the-clock trading access: the ability to trade for 24 hours a day;
- Liquidity: the market works with a huge money and gives the customers complete freedom to open or close their position of different volume;
- Leverage: an ability to use leverage. It decreases requirements to the sum of the initial deposit (margin trade). So in case you deposit 10 000 USD into your account you'd have an opportunity to work with 1 000 000 USD (leverage 1:100);
- Objectivity: no exterior regulated structures, so the currency's rate is establishing in accordance with current supply and demand on the market;
- Globality: everyone can become a market participant irrespective to the living place, as trading requires only your skills and Internet access.
- At present mostly all the operations on the market are conducting only to obtain profit. With the development of Internet and other means of communication this sector of the financial markets becomes more accessible and attractive for the investors of different levels.
Forex is serious business, there is no such thing as easy money. True, those who just want to gamble away with their money would serve themselves better at casinos than Forex brokers.